If you are required to go to court, you should follow the court's standards. For more information about standards in the Hays County courts, please visit the Hays County website.
Notice: The Hays County Courthouse has moved all its offices to a new location off Wonder World Drive: MAP.
Arrive at least 30 minutes early for your first court appearance if you don't have an attorney - it is first come, first served, so you will get out sooner if you arrive earlier.
- Shoes are required.
- No sleeveless shirts.
- No shorts (women are permitted to wear dress shorts with hosiery).
- No exposed midriffs.
- No clothing displaying offensive words or pictures (the Court retains the exclusive right to define "offensive" on an individual basis).
- No hats.
- Officers of the Court are held to the higher standards generally recognized in Texas Courts.
- Infants and small children should be left with a sitter or at home in the care of a competent adult. There are no childcare facilities available. Loud or crying children should be taken out of the courtroom.
- Cellular devices or pagers are not allowed in the courtroom.