Skip to Content

Crimes & Immigration Status

Did you know that if you are not a U.S. citizen, even one very minor drug offense can make you permanently inadmissible to the U.S.? Criminal charges can seriously affect your ability to remain in the U.S. Even minor convictions can result in deportation and can sometimes permanently bar non-citizens from ever being able to return to the U.S. It is very important for non-citizens to consult with an immigration attorney regarding the immigration consequences of contact with the criminal justice system.

If you are not a U.S. citizen, be sure to talk to a lawyer BEFORE you plead guilty or pay a fine for a criminal charge!